Courses and Workshops
The following courses and workshops are available:
A Seven-week mindfulness-based program grounded in the work of Prof Mark Williams and Dr Danny Penman’s, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. Over the 7 weeks participants will learn simple meditation techniques:
- To become more aware of thoughts, feelings and body sensations.
- To take a kinder stance towards negative thoughts and feelings as they arise.
- To be more accepting and less critical and judgmental of oneself.
- To notice old habits and downward spirals.
- To find ways to nourish and connect with oneself.
Introduction to Mindfulness
- Interested in learning what mindfulness is and how it can benefit you?
- Curious to learn how mindfulness can fit into your life?
- Hesitant to commit to a longer program?
- Eager to explore a variety of practices in a condensed format?
- Needing a mindfulness refresher?
Then this is the workshop for you. This is open to all ages and stages – no meditation experience is necessary.
Teenagers! What the %&$# is up with them?!
A 4 week course (also available in a workshop format for a condensed version) for parents, teachers and child care workers exploring:
- What adolescence means.
- What is going on in the teenage brain.
- What developmental milestones they are facing including hormonal, social and cognitive changes.
- How can we support and help build resilience in the adolescent.